Zonal Security Manager (West Africa) at Fadac Resources and Services
Fadac Resources and Services – Our client is one of the world’s largest outsourcing and technology service specialist for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide.
Due to expansion they are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Security Manager ( West Africa)
Purpose of the Role
- To ensure implementation of security regime across the cluster of VAC’s which he/she is responsible for.
- To monitor the security policies and conduct investigations.
- Conduct operational risk assessment of proposed VAC and passport/VAF movement from VAC to Post.
- Create relevant processes required to implement Corporate Security Strategy and Policies within the given zone.
- Liaise with local Post and Government authorities.
- Ensure all critical service levels are met & contractual obligations complied to, with deviations reported through incident report framework
- Ensure compliance with VFS Global defined information security policies and procedures applicable to the role.
- Plan & monitor security arrangements involving preparation of security plans, deployment & training of security personnel within the given region, etc.
- Support/ Generate periodic Reports and information/ details for the MIS. Send MIS reports on performance indicators. Ensure timely reporting and handling of security issues.
- Maintain logs of Critical Service Level-3 fulfillment for UK VACs and send timely & accurate MIS reports.
- Assist in carrying out investigations/ Inquiries as mandated by the management.
- Collaborate in implementing security policies and data protection laws in business.
- Assist Operations and Human Resources in corporate governance.
- Responsible for guard force management at all Visa Application Centres(VACs) within the specified zone.
- Ensure life safety of all inside VAC and institute loss prevention measures to prevent incidents/accidents.
- Plan the resource allocation & budgeting of security equipment and measures for the given region.
- Ensure expenditure is as per the risk profiling of the given zone and as given in the annual budget.
- Ensure maintenance of customer (Missions) satisfaction levels on security issues.
- Undertake initiatives & conduct research to ensure cost implementation of best practices and cost effective measures within the given zone.
- Conduct regular safety drills & ensure communication of necessary safety measures to all employees.
- Ensure that security incidents and/or crisis do not compromise operations & are reported immediately using VFS Global Corporate Security Incident Management framework.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with security service providers/ Vendors.
- Co-ordination of resources to ensure appropriate and cost-effective control and management of security risks.
- Ensure appropriate protective security awareness, training, and education programs are implemented to maintain high security awareness levels among employees.
- Keep a track of the political security scenario and possible threats to business, assets, employees, etc. and update the Operations team accordingly in a timely manner.
- Maintain adequate vigilance and surveillance with continuous monitoring of the security functioning of the VAC/ VFS Global centers.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the Security equipment’s of the VAC to minimize security downtime.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent compliance with relevant Security policies, contracts and regulations.
- Support, as appropriate, protective security management initiatives in respect of secure transportation of business related confidential data.
- Management of Incidents with prompt reporting and early closures with robust mitigation actions.
- Periodic review and risk assessment of the security set-up of the VACs and initiate measures to mitigate the risks.
- Judicious use of natural resources.
- Shall adhere to environment health and safety policy/objectives and guidelines of the organisation.
Indicative KRA’s / Budgetary and Revenue Responsibilities:
- Comply with budgets.
- Maintain MIS.
- Prepare budget for security equipment and guarding area of responsibility.
- A minimum of Graduate or its global equivalent degree;
- Post graduate or its global equivalent degree.
- Certification Courses related to Security measures and norms.
- 6 -10 years experience in Armed Forces/ Corporate Security Division.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-site security environment.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conduct investigations and interviews conclusions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication (verbal & written) skills and ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups and accurately document investigative and other job-related activities.
- Working knowledge of computer based databases and word processing programs and concepts.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, highly demanding work environment with minimal supervision of day-to-day activities.
- specific Knowledge & skills: its global equivalent degree.
- Understand operational, regulatory and compliance issues.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.